Manali Tourism is the most extraordinary and prominent tourism of India. It is also the most opted tourism termini by the visitors. The major reason behind this is the beautiful scenes that one can witness in Manali, such as beautiful mountains parks, lakes, orchards, meadows, etc. You also get the opportunity to do several activities such as trekking, paragliding, mountain climbing, sightseeing, and many more. This indicates how fun and joyful Manali Tourism is, and the best tourist places in Manali make it more favorable.
So, let us discover some of the famous tourist places in Manali which you can explore in 2023.
Tourist Places in Manali
1. Hadimba Temple
This beautiful Temple is made in the name of Hadimba, who was the wife of Bima, one of the Pandu sons. This Temple is uncovered in the Dhungri forest, which is encircled by pine trees. The Hadimba temple is famous for its architecture and religious value. The Temple is a perfect example of pagoda style, which has a brass effigy that makes it look beautiful.
- Opening hours: 8 am to 6 pm.
- How to reach: The distance between central Manali city and Hadimba temple is 3km. So, you can quickly get by Bus, auto, taxi, or cab.
- Things to do: Sightseeing, Praying, Clicking pictures, etc.
- Nearby attractions: Solang Nala and Manu Temple.
2. Tibetan Monasteries
Manali also includes many Tibetan settlements that have given birth to several Tibetan monasteries. The central appeals are Tibetan Monastries such as Gadhan Thekchhokling Gompa and Himalayan Nyingmapa Gompa. These monasteries are famous for the Tibetan arts and crafts and Tibetan cultures. These can also be stated as the most peaceful place to meditate with the monks.
- Opening hours: The shrine’s main entrance opens from 7 am to 7 pm.
- How to reach: The distance between the monasteries and Manali is just 24 km so you can get by cab, auto, or Bus.
- Things to do: Shop Tibetan art & crafts, Meditate in a peaceful environment.
- Nearby attractions: Buddhist Shrine and Lion King Rock
Also Check: Tourist Places in Shimla
3. Manali Club House
Clubhouse is a perfect place for indoor and adventurous activities. It is found adjacent to the Manalsu Nallah. The clubhouse depicts the architecture of British style and has an in-house restaurant that serves various dishes. The Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (HPTDC) is now being managed and looked after.
- Opening hours: The clubhouse opens from 10 am to 8 pm.
- How to reach: The distance between Club House and Manali city is 2.2 km which can be easily covered by Bus, cabs, or taxi.
- Things to do: Play indoor games such as table tennis & carrom, boating, skating, etc.
- Nearby attractions: Old Manali and Manu Temple
4. Maa Sharvari Temple
This holy Temple of Kuldevi is located in Shaminallah Village, which is outside Manali city. In Maa Sharvari Temple, the idol of the Kuldevi has been placed, which is worshiped and decorated in Dussehra every year. The idol of Devi is decorated very well and is taken to the Temple of Raghunathji on Dussehra. If you want to visit the place, the Dussehra will be the perfect time to witness the grand celebration.
- Opening hours: The Temple opens in two shits. The first one is from 5 am to 12 pm and the second is from 4 pm to 9 pm.
- How to reach: The Temple is 7 km from the main city which one can reach by auto, cab, or Bus.
- Things to do: Trek down to Manali City, Worship, or pray the idol of Kuldevi.
- Nearby attractions: Solang Valley and Hadimba Temple are the closest tourist places.
Also Check: Snowfall In Manali
5. Jogini Falls
Jogini Falls is found around the Vashisht Hot Springs, located at Vashisht village. The place is most favorable for nature lovers. You can appreciate the musical sound of the waterfall and the lovely forest since the area has slippery algae, so ensure to grab some grippy shoes. You can also relish the stunning views along with the Himachali dishes.
- Opening hours: The place always remains open.
- How to reach: The total distance between Jogini Falls and Manali is 3.2 km, so one can quickly get it by Bus, taxi, and cab.
- Things to do: Click the picture of nature, Take a bath in the waterfall.
- Nearby attractions: The nearest tourist places are Rehala Falls and Nehru Kund.
Kothi is a beautiful village which is popular for its meadows and forests. It is discovered close to the Solang Valley and is the foremost destination for serenity lovers. The place is the perfect destination to witness snowfall. You can also discover various resorts and hotels in the vicinity to stay and explore the beautiful village. The most preferred activity for this place is trekking to Rohtang Pass.
- Opening hours: 8 am to 6 pm.
- How to reach: It is 16 km away from the main Manali city and can be reached via Bus, cab or taxi.
- Things to do: Paragliding, Trekking, Mountain climbing, sightseeing, etc.
- Nearby attractions: Deo Tibba and Vashisht village
When the Rohtang pass is closed in extreme cold, Gulaba becomes the best alternative. It is less congested and looks more gorgeous in winter, when you can appreciate playing with snow. Tobogganing is something interesting that can be practiced here. So, if your Rohtang trip is getting canceled due to heavy snowfall, you can come to Gulaba.
- Opening hours: from 8 am to 6 pm.
- How to reach: It is 14 km from Manali city. You can get here by Bus or cab; You can also ride a bike to get here.
- Things to do: You can enjoy skiing and paragliding.
- Nearby attractions: Rohtang Pass and Solang Valley.
8. Arjun Gufa
This cave is near the Pirni Village and holds mythological significance. It is known from the story of Mahabharat that Arjuna mediated in this cave and got the powers of Indra and Pashupati Astra. Due to the great historical and mythological significance. The other major nearby places include Tripura Sundari Temple, Gauri Shankar Temple, etc.
- Opening hours: TheTemplee remains open from 9 am to 5 pm.
- How to reach: TheTemplee is 7 km away from Manali city, where you can get by Bus, taxi, or cab.
- Things to do: Witness the cave and learn about its history.
- Nearby attractions: Pirni Village, Gauri Shankar Temple, Art Museum, Tripura Sundari Temple.
9. Old Manali
Old Manali is a tranquil location out from the hustle and crowd of the city. You can reach here by roaming along the Mall road, which is just 2 to 3 km away. This is a perfect place to spend some peaceful time in nature. The Old Manali depicts the original traditions and culture of the ethnic people of Manali. You can also get the chance to taste the original and ethnic delicacies of Manali.
- Opening hours: The place always remains open
- How to reach: It is 1.9 km away from Manali city, which one can reach by Bus, car, or taxi.
- Things to do: Sightseeing is the best option.
- There are nearby attractions: Rohtang Pass, Bhrigu Lake, Hadimba Temple, and Solang Pass.
10. Van Vihar
As the name depicts, Van Vihar is full of green valleys and deodar trees. The gardens built here are the center attraction for the tourist. You can relish boating in the attractive lake in the location. Along with boating, you can enjoy watching the sunset. Van Vihar also has a man-made lake in the vicinity.
- Opening hours: It remains open from 8 am to 5 pm.
- How to reach: It is 2.2 km away from the central city so you can easily travel by Bus or taxi to reach Van Vihar.
- Things to do: You can go out for a nature walk; enjoy witnessing the wildlife.
- Nearby attractions: Arjun Gufa, Manali Sanctuary, Van vihar national park
11. Rohtang Pass
Rohtang Pass is at an altitude of 13000 ft above sea level and is one of the most beautiful places in Manali for sightseeing in winter. The place is also considered most favorable for sightseeing, trekking, and skiing. It is famous worldwide for trekking and enjoying the snowfall. This is also one of the beautiful passes surrounded by snowy mountains.
- Opening hours: It always remains open
- How to reach: It is 51 km away from the main city so the best option will be to go by Bus or book a cab.
- Things to do: Enjoy trekking, playing with snow, mountain climbing, skiing, etc.
- Nearby attractions: Solang Pass, Gulaba, Bhrigu Lake, etc.
12. Great Himalayan National Park
Great Himalayan National Park’s newly added national park of India is famous for its wildlife diversity and beauty. The park has several beautiful flora and fauna that can easily catch one’s eye. The place has also received the tag of UNESCO world heritage site. The entire park is spread over an area of 754msq and was constructed in 1984. The park comprises 375 fauna species with 31 types of mammals.
- Opening hours: The place remains open for 24 hours.
- How to reach: It is 56 km from the main city. From there you can either go by Bus or book a cab or taxi.
- Things to do: Enjoy witnessing the wildlife over here.
- Nearby attractions: Bijli Mahadev Temple
13. Manikaran Sahib
Manikaran Sahib is a holy place for Hindu and Sikh community people situated in the Parvati village and on the bank of the Parvati river. People belonging to both religions come and worship in the Hindu temple and the Gurudwara over here. The other major attraction of the place is the hot water spring which is again considered the holy water source as it contains several metals and has the power to cure diseases.
- Opening hours: The place always remains open.
- How to reach: The location is 80 km away from the central city. So, the best means to reach here is by Bus or booked cab.
- Things to do: Pray at the Temple, bathe in the holy hot water spring.
- Nearby attractions: Manikaran Hot springs
Kullu is at an altitude of 1230 meters and is full of splendid mountains and hills. It is a famous destination renowned for sightseeing and is often coupled with Manali. It is an excellent place for nature lovers and adventure seekers. Kullu is discovered in the mid of well-known ranges such as Pir Panjal, Lower Himalayan, and Great Himalayan ranges. The famous river located nearby for boating is the Beas River.
- Opening hours: It always remains open.
- How to reach: Kullu is 41 km away from Manali. So, you can either board a bus or travel by taxi.
- Things to do: Trekking, Mountain Climbing, Temple tours, Rafting, etc.
- Nearby attractions: Hamta Pass, Tirthan Valley.
15. Gayatri Temple
Gayatri Temple is famous for the idol of the Goddess Gayatri, which has been placed here. ThisTemplee has an eye-catching architectural design. The fine carvings in the wooden piece of art look awe-inspiring and mesmerizing. The morning aarti and Gayatri’s mantra make the surrounding more holy and peaceful and are a must-attend event.
- Opening hours: It opens from 7 am to 8 pm
- How to reach: It is 7 km from Manali city, and you can reach here easily by Bus, or taxi.
- Things to do: Worship in the Temple, and enjoy sightseeing.
- Nearby attractions: Shiv Temple.
16. Jana Waterfall
Jana Waterfall is a captivating natural waterfall in Manali. It is also a famous spot for picnics and spending time with family away from city pollution. The place is surrounded by deodar and cedar trees and apple orchards. You will reach the nearest road point after a 10 to 15-minute walk from the waterfall.
- Opening hours: The place always remains open
- How to reach: It is 34 km away from Manali city and can reach by Bus, cab, or taxi.
- Things to do: Enjoy bird watching, trekking, swimming, and picnicking.
- Nearby attractions: Rahala Waterfall
17. Siyali Mahadev Temple
Siyali Mahadev Temple is one of the ancientest temples of Lord Shiva in Manali. This temple of Lord Shiva is quite famous for its architecture. It carries great importance for Hindu Followers and is flocked by the Shiva followers. It is located in Solan, where many other Shiva temples are built. The entire Temple is wood, giving a more enticing dark brown look.
- Opening hours: ThisTemplee opens only early in the morning.
- How to reach: The Temple is 1.1 km from Manali city and can be reached by taxi, auto, cab, or foot.
- Things to do: Worship God Shiva and relax or meditate.
- Nearby attractions: The great Hadimba Devi Temple.
18. Gauri Shankar Temple
Gauri Shankar Temple is found in the Naggar Village and is devoted to Lord Shiva. This temple holds great historical and architectural significance and is built in the Shikhara style. The entire architecture is carved out of stone which preserves Manali’s heritage. You can also feel the vibe of the presence of Lord Shiva and Goddess Gauri. The Naggar Castle is the closest tourist destination to this Temple, which is just 50 m away.
- Opening hours: It remains open for the entire day.
- How to reach: TheTemplee is 23 km away from Manali city and can be covered by Bus, auto, or taxi.
- Things to do: Attend the maha aarti and go out trekking.
- Nearby attractions: Tripura Sundri Temple and the Nicholas Art Gallery.
Jagatsukh is at the bank of the Beas river. It is very famous for the Temple of God Shiva and Gayatri Temple over here. You will find beautiful mountains, orchards, meadows over here. It is also the capital of the former state of Kullu and is rich in natural vegetation. Chacholi Jatra Festival, an annual fest in Jagatsukh, attracts a good number of tourists.
- Opening hours: Always remains open.
- How to reach: It is 56 km from Manali city and can be reached by Bus or taxi.
- Things to do: Go for temple tours, click the Valley’s pictures, etc.
- Nearby attractions: Rani Sui Lake, Gayatri Temple, etc.
20. Tirthan Valley
Tirthan Valley has got its name from the Tirthan river that rushes here. This Valley is very famous for trekking in Kullu and its amazing traditions and cultures. It is at the height of 1600 m. The Valley also receives the first snowfall in Himachal Pradesh. It is assumed heaven for trekkers and snowfall fanatics.
- Opening hours: 24/7
- How to reach: The distance of the Valley from the city is 104 km where you can reach by Bus or cab.
- Things to do: Mountaineering, Boating, and trekking.
- Nearby attractions: Serloskar Lake and Himalayan National Park
Therefore, this list of the best 20 tourist places in Manali is suitable for an enticing trip. These places are vibrant from a tourism perspective and receive many tourists around the year. You also get the chance to enjoy several adventurous and recreational activities in this place. So, as per the details, pick the one for yourself from roaming routes.
Q.1 Are there any Covid travel guidelines for visiting Manali?
Ans: Yes, amid Covid-19, you must follow the guidelines issued by the Himachal Pradesh government. You can inspect it on the website of the HP government.
Q.2 When should I go to Manali?
If you are a snowfall fanatic, then December will be the ideal month for you to visit Manali. Also, the city covered in snow looks more beautiful.
Q.3 What is Manali famous for?
Manali is a popular hill station for paragliding, trekking, Rafting, etc.
Q.4 What to pack for a Manali trip?
While packing up for Manali, always remember to keep some warm clothes with yourself. You can also keep some moisturizers.
Q.5 What are the must things to do in Manali?
When you visit Manali, you must do trekking, paragliding, boating, mountain climbing, etc.
Q.6 What is the famous street food in Manali?
Mittha is one of the most famous street food in Manali, which you will also find in every restaurant. You must try this famous Manali delicacy.
Q.7 How much Manali trip will cost?
A two-day tour to Manali will cost you a maximum of INR 7,000.