Dubai is open for international travel. But, as you plan your trip to Dubai or before booking a hotel and flights, there are a few things like travel requirements to consider. We have covered travel requirements for Dubai from India, information regarding COVID-19 travel restrictions for Dubai that are currently in place, the latest update on COVID-19 travel guidelines, and other related information on travel to Dubai requirements. So while booking Dubai tour packages, keep a note of these guidelines:
Travel to Dubai Requirement From India-
Individuals travelling to Dubai from India must have a valid passport with their first and last name written on it. Otherwise, they would be considered Inadmissible passengers (INAD) by immigration. This rule applies only to individuals travelling on tourist visas, not employment or residence visas.
Travel requirements for Dubai: Travel Documents
UAE Undertaking Form
A printed copy of the return ticket is required for individuals travelling on a tourist visa.
Travellers are advised to get travel insurance, including COVID-19 coverage, and offers an international range before travelling to Dubai. A printed copy of Travel Insurance is required.
What are the Visa Requirements for Dubai?
Visa is one of the travel requirements for Dubai. Individuals travelling to Dubai from India have to apply for a visa before entering the country. The visa approvals take five days. There are two types of tourist visas offered by the Dubai government.
- 14-day Dubai tourist visa
- 30-day Dubai tourist visa
Below mentioned are the requirements for a Dubai visa application-
- Passport with a minimum validity of six months
- Passport photos
- Copy of completed and signed Visa application form
- Itinerary details
- Hotel bookings
- Flight bookings
- Copy of tour tickets
- Address proof
- Cover letter by you that covers mandatory details of your Dubai itinerary
- Last six months’ bank statement as proof you have funds to finance your Dubai visit.
It is necessary to match all the travel requirements for Dubai and visa requirements before you apply for a Dubai visa. One can apply for visa two months before their arrival date.
Are There Any Travel Restrictions for Dubai?
The number of COVID-19 cases has decreased massively, which made the city safe to travel to. Dubai’s Government has shown some ease of travel restrictions for travelling to Dubai from other parts of the world. Travellers must be aware of travel requirements for Dubai before they plan their vacation. Travel restrictions have changed recently in Dubai for COVID-19. Earlier, everyone visiting Dubai was to present a vaccination certificate, take the RT-PCR test or provide a test report. And it was mandatory to wear a mask in Dubai.
New Travel requirements for Dubai under Covid-19 guidelines-
- Passengers from India to Dubai are no longer required to present a vaccination certificate or negative RT-PCR test report, effective from November 08, 2023.
- Passengers travelling through Dubai must check transit travel requirements for Dubai and their final travel destination.
- Mask-wearing at Dubai airport is optional.
- Tourists can explore Dubai and enter any Dubai attraction without any RT-PCR report or vaccination certificate. Mask is also optional.
Is it Safe to Visit Dubai?
After COVID-19 has massively impacted our lives, many of us are still not comfortable or willing to take any chance. Dubai is one of the safest cities in the world to travel to during the pandemic. The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) UAE has worked with various other authorities to make Dubai safe for travellers worldwide. They continue to assure and prioritize the well-being of residents of Dubai and visitors. Department of Economy and Tourism Dubai continues to work with Dubai health authority to ensure public safety and hygiene of high standards so that the well-being of residents and visitors remains uncompromised. Tourists coming to Dubai from India or any other country must meet travel requirements for Dubai. You can also check out Dubai Honeymoon Packages for Safe Dubai Tour.
What are the Requirements for Travel to India from Dubai?
Passengers coming back to India from Dubai must meet the requirement for travel to India from Dubai. There are no such requirements for travelling to India from Dubai. Passengers only need valid passports and tickets. However, if you are travelling from Dubai to some other place, follow these measures-
- Passengers travelling from Dubai airport are required to do an RT-PCR test if their final travel destination requires an unfavourable report.
- Rapid Antigen tests and PCR kits are available at the Dubai airport for travellers departing from Dubai. They can perform the test if the travel destination requires it.
- Passengers must check the COVID-19 travel protocols of their flight and final destination. Airlines have all the right to deny boarding if a passenger shows any COVID-19 symptoms.
Are Passengers Traveling to Dubai from India Need to Quarantine?
As per the recent guidelines issued on November 08, 2023, the Dubai government has provided relief for Covid-19 travel guidelines. According to Dubai’s latest Covid-19 travel requirements, passengers don’t have to take an RT-PCR test or provide a vaccination certificate. Quarantine is not mandatory for tourists coming on vacation. However, if they show any symptoms of COVID-19, they will have to take an RT-PCR test. If the test comes positive for COVID-19, they will have to quarantine themselves. The quarantine period is for 05 days and ends after five days with no fever for 02 days and improvement in symptoms. The cost of quarantine and treatment will be bear by the passenger travelling to Dubai.
Do I Need to Wear a Face Mask While Vacationing in Dubai?
Face masks are for your safety and precautions. During the pandemic, wearing face masks in all outdoor and indoor public spaces, metro, flights, and famous tourist places was mandatory. But, on November 08, 2023, the Government issued a statement saying it is no longer necessary to wear face masks in public indoor and outdoor places, except in clinics and hospitals. It also applies to tourists and travellers coming from India.
What Measures Should I Take While Traveling to Dubai?
The first and foremost is to check you meet all travel requirements for Dubai. Although COVID-19 cases are low in Dubai and India, it is always good to be safe than be sorry. Ensure you follow all the basic COVID-19 Dubai travel guidelines, like wearing a face mask, maintaining distance in public places, etc. If you see any signs or experience symptoms of COVID, take a PCR test immediately.
Apart from following COVID-19 travel requirements for Dubai, there are a few more things you need to keep in mind, such as
- Carry your travel documents, like your passport, travel insurance, and other necessary documents, while exploring the city.
- Follow a dress code which is to avoid wearing tight-fitting and revealing clothes.
- To avoid unwanted attention, avoid PDA.
Keep these things in mind, and have an enjoyable Dubai trip.